Monday, August 24, 2015

"Can't Keep Johnny Down" MTBoSBlaugust-Update on the Printer (Day 24)

I spent much of the afternoon and part of the evening yesterday trying to get my printer working to no avail.  My plan today was to try and then go into school and get more room stuff done.  However, I didn't really sleep the greatest, so I decided to savor my last morning of leisure.  I then focused on trying to get the printer situation figured out.  I restarted both again and that didn't do anything.  Then, I decided to look for driver updates.  I found that there are no updated drivers for my printer to work with Windows 10, so what I had already should work. I then decided to uninstall the printer, which I had to uninstall two versions.  The first version took quite a bit of time to uninstall, but the second time through went quickly.  Then, I reinstalled everything.  However, it got stuck at the same point it did before.  It just doesn't seem to want to configure with my wireless internet, and I can't remember what I had to do in the past.  I decided to try to print with the computer connected to the printer, and that works.  So, for the meantime, I will take my non-wireless printer.  That is better than nothing.  I was able to finally print several things I want for my classroom in color, so the day wasn't completely wasted.  Tomorrow should be an interesting day with ALICE training.  Back to reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment