Monday, August 17, 2015

"Workin' on a Mystery, Goin' Wherever it Leads" MTBoSBlaugust-Testing for Life (Day 17)

For the past several years, I have had students work on a lab that I modified from MyScienceBox.  It is about the organic molecules that make up all living things.  On a site called Serendip Studio, there is a lab called "Who Took Jerell's iPod?".  This lab has a similar goal to show that living things are made of organic molecules, but it is posed with more of a real-life purpose to this lab.  The one from Serendip Studio is written more for the high school level, so I am making changes to make it more appropriate for 7th grade.  I have an introduction completed and I've started to work on the testing procedures.  I am looking forward to trying this out this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment