Sunday, August 17, 2014

"Sunday, Sunday, Yeah, it Will be Ok" Sunday 3-2-1 Summary 8-17-14









First, I will preface this post by saying that I am not a math teacher, but I enjoy reading several of the blogs involved with this challenge because many of the posts still apply to things I could with my own junior high science classes.  Secondly, I like this challenge because it doesn't seem like it will be overkill.  I would like to get into a groove with regular posting, but I don't think I can do a post everyday.

3 Things I am Excited About
  • The students start on Wednesday!
  • We are in a new building and all the core teacher's rooms are right next to each other.
  • Math and science are back-to-back again.  Looking forward to expanding upon our math-science co-teaching and  joint lessons.
2 Things I am Nervous About
  •  We are in a new building  :), and the lab is in the other building :(!  I want to continue to utilize this great facility, but know that our time in it will have to be scaled back a bit.  I will have to figure out the best route and overall routine for getting students back and forth in an efficient manner.
  • Because of our restructuring, all core teachers will be leading a MTSS period for each grade everyday.  Especially these first few days, I don't exactly have a handle on making the time meaningful for the students.  Keeping in mind, that in addition to this MTSS period, each core teacher will also be leading a guided study hall everyday.
1 Thing I Need to Remember
  • I have set out this year to keep up with my fitness goals.  I am doing this so that I can be healthier and also happier.  Even though the progress is slow, I know that I will see results if I keep working on it.  I plan to have a general schedule so that I commit to a certain amount of cardio and strength training each day and not make lack of time an excuse.  I'm even planning on getting another yoga mat to take to school for those late evenings that I plan to spend at school.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment