Wednesday, August 17, 2016

"It's Amazing All That You Can Do" Staff Teambuilding: MTBoSBlaugust Day 17

The last couple of years as part of our back-to-school days, we participated in something called "The Amazing Race."  Of course many, of you are probably familiar with this concept as it was based on the show by the same name.  Great show, by the way! 

I like to be competitive, but I'm not overly obsessed with it.  Our version involved a lot of running around the town, and as I've said, I do run, but I don't really consider myself a sprinter.  A lot of staff members had difficulty with that aspect; just like many staffs, we have different general fitness levels and conditions that make us more or less able to accomplish all the tasks.  Anyway, I was looking forward to maybe not doing the Amazing Race this year with some changes have had in our school staffing, but when I got my school letter, sure enough it was on there.

However, I was pleased to learn yesterday that the intent was to make it more accessible to all fitness levels.  How the competition worked was that we were split into small teams and each team needed at least one smart phone and a Twitter account. We were given a sheet of different challenges to be completed and then we needed to return by a particular time. It was pretty fun, and I am glad that we had a new challenge placed before us this year.  It was so successful that our scorekeepers couldn't keep up with all of the Tweets and lost count, so there was no official winner!  If you want to see some of my team's pictures (a few are missing due to technology issues ), go to #amazingpirates  #teamllama and I think you should be able to find us.

Does your staff do team building to start the year?  What kind of activities do you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment